Creamy goat’s cheese and rocket pesto tarts
- 500ml (2 cups) rocket leaves
- a zest of ½ lemon
- 60ml (¼ cup) Parmesan, grated
- 60ml (¼ cup) walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 400g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 160g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 125ml (½ cup) sun-dried tomatoes, to serve
- fresh basil, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
For the pesto, pulse the rocket, zest Parmesan, walnuts and garlic in a food processor until fine. Gradually add the oil, blending continuously until incorporated, and season.
For the tarts, cut the pastry into 6 squares. Press down with your thumb on the edges of each square and prick the centre all over with a fork. Brush with olive oil and bake until golden, about 15 – 20 minutes. Crumble the goat’s cheese on top 5 minutes before removing from the oven.
Serve the tarts hot, topped with the pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and basil.