Crispy fennel and carrot salad
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sherry vinegar
- 80ml (½ cup) olive/avocado oil
- 5ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 butter lettuces, torn
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.
For the salad, lightly toast the breadcrumbs in a hot, non-stick pan until golden and crisp.
Combine the fennel, carrots and lettuce in a bowl and toss through the dressing. Serve sprinkled with the breadcrumbs and almonds.