The perfect side to any roast.
Recipe, styling and photograph by Katelyn Williams
Crispy sage mille-feuille potatoes
- 2,5kg large potatoes, peeled
- 150g duck fat/butter, melted
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- large handful fresh sage leaves
- sea salt flakes, to sprinkle
Preheat the oven to 200˚C. Slice the potatoes thinly on a mandoline. Toss the sliced potatoes in a large bowl with the duck fat or butter and season well with the salt, pepper and some sage.
Arrange the potatoes upright in a large 35cm x 25cm roasting tray. Top with a few more sage leaves and roast until the potatoes are cooked and the edges are crispy, 1 hour. Serve sprinkled with sea salt flakes.