Who isn’t a fan of the gorgeously architectural artichoke? Especially when it’s covered in golden, crispy goodness? Crumbled artichokes on a bed of white bean purée is the perfect combination of richness.
Crumbled artichokes on a bed of white bean purée
- 1 x 420g tin cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 artichoke pieces in oil, drained
- 200g breadcrumbs
- 20ml (4 tsp) garlic salt
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- baby greens, to serve
For the purée, blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the artichokes, place the artichokes into a mixing bowl and toss through the rest of the ingredients. Press firmly to coat the artichokes and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Fry the artichokes and drain.
Spoon the purée into serving dishes, top with the artichokes and the greens.