Recipe by Vickie de Beer
Serves: 2 (just double up on ingredients if you want to make more)
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 7,5ml (1½ tsp) soya sauce
- 10ml (2 tsp) fresh grated ginger
- 5ml (1 tsp) chopped garlic
- 30ml (2 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 60ml (¼ cup) castor sugar
- 1 baby red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 100g mange tout, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sesame seeds, lightly toasted
Place the olive oil, soya sauce, ginger, garlic, white wine vinegar and castor sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
Add the fresh sliced vegetables and toss gently to coat in the dressing.
Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with lightly toasted sesame seeds.