Who said risotto has to be difficult? This quick and easy mushroom risotto only takes 45 minutes to make!
Recipe and styling by Anna Montali
Photograph by Vanessa Lewis
Easy mushroom risotto
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 10 fresh brown mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely hopped
- 500ml chicken stock, hot
- 250g risotto rice
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200g crème fraiche
Melt the butter and oil in a large saucepan and cook the mushrooms, garlic and spring onions until the liquid has evaporated.
Stir in the stock and rice and season. Reduce the heat and continue to cook for about 20 – 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rice is al dente. Stir in the crème fraîche, heat through and serve.