Make up your own menu for unexpected guests from this deliciously simple recipe – a gourmet meal in a flash doesn’t come easier than this.
- 6 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 15ml (1 tbsp) avocado oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 800g minced beef
- 1 x 410g tin red kidney beans, drained
- 2 packets taco seasoning mix
- 125ml (½ cup) water
- 3 avocados
- juice of 1 lemon
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 corn taco shells
- 300g mature cheddar, grated
- ½ crisp lettuce, shredded
- ready-made chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
- cucumber ribbons, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Combine the tomatoes and red onion to form a salsa and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the white onion and fry lightly. Add the mince and beans, and brown. Add the seasoning mix and water. Cook for about 30 minutes. Keep warm.