- 500g white chickpeas, soaked
- overnight (or use tinned)
- 125ml (½ cup) dried coriander
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground coriander
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,
- to taste
- 5ml (1 tsp) dried chilli
- 10ml (2 tsp) ground cumin
- 10g Danish feta, cubed
- oil, for deep-frying
Combine all the ingredients except the feta and oil in a bowl and mix to combine well.
Roll the mixture into small balls and push a cube of feta into the middle of each ball, rolling again to seal.
Deep-fry the balls in batches in hot oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and serve