TO DRINK: Springfield Pinot Noir 2007, with red fruit and delicate smokiness.
Fresh tuna with asparagus and lime salsa
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, blanched and finely chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ½ avocado, cubed
- 5ml (1 tsp) red chilli
- juice and finely grated rind of ½ a lime
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) avocado oil
- 2 heads pak choi
- 2 tuna steaks, at room temperature
- olive oil, for frying
For the salsa, mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Cook the pak choi in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Heat a griddle pan to very hot. Sear the tuna steaks in a little oil for about 2 minutes on each side.
Serve the pak choi and tuna immediately, topped with the salsa.