Fried salami salad
- olive/avocado oil, for frying
- 16 slices good-quality salami
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1 baby gem lettuce, torn
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 15ml (1 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
Heat a splash of oil in a pan and sauté the salami for a few minutes until crisp. Remove the salami and set aside. Fry the rosemary and garlic in the same pan for about a minute. Add the lettuce and toss for a few seconds until lightly wilted.
Transfer the contents of the pan to a serving bowl, add the salami, season and toss with the balsamic. Sprinkle over the Parmesan and serve.