Fruity brown rice salad
- 30ml (2 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 120ml olive oil
- 15ml (1 tbsp) honey
- 10ml (2 tsp) wholegrain mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500ml (2 cups) cooked brown rice (we recommend you use Spekko Saman Brown Rice)
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) desiccated coconut, lightly toasted
- 3 spring onions, sliced at an angle
- 1 small green chilli, seeded and chopped (optional)
- a handful each of mint and coriander, leaves only
- 3 nectarines or mangoes, pips removed and sliced
- 50g peanuts, toasted and chopped
Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
Place the rice, onion, coconut, spring onion and chilli in a bowl. Add the dressing and toss lightly.
Add the fresh herbs and nectarines or mangoes, and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve at room temperature.