Ginger and honey roasted baby carrots and parsnips
- 400g baby rainbow carrots, sliced lengthways
- 400g baby parsnips, sliced lengthways
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- handful fresh thyme sprigs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Ginger and honey glaze
- 60g butter, melted
- 60ml (¼ cup) honey
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the vegetables in a roasting tray. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the thyme, season to taste and roast in the oven, 20 minutes.
For the glaze, combine the melted butter, honey and ginger. Drizzle the glaze over the carrots and parsnips, and roast for a further 10 minutes before serving.