Griddled corn mealie pap
- 2 whole mealies
- 330g cooked, stiff mealie pap
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil + 5ml (1 tsp) extra for greasing
- 100g fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) Parmesan, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat a griddle pan and chargrill the whole mealies, turning regularly until slightly charred, about 15 minutes.
Remove the kernels from the cob and place in a large bowl. Add the cooked mealie pap. Add 45ml (3 tbsp) of the olive oil, the chopped parsley, chilli and Parmesan. Season.
Grease 2 loaf tins with the remaining olive oil and divide the pap between the tins. Allow to cool for 1 hour.
Once cooled, remove the pap from the tins and slice. Heat a griddle pan and griddle the pap on each side untilslightly charred, about 1 – 2 minutes.
Serve with chakalaka.