TO DRINK: Fleur du Cap Viognier, bright and peachy, will stand up to the fruity and salty elements of this dish.
Grilled chicory, pecan and Gorgonzola salad with orange-coriander dressing
- 125ml (½ cup) orange juice
- 5ml (1 tsp) red wine vinegar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 1 orange, segmented
- fresh coriander leaves
- pinch of dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 small chicory heads, halved
- 125ml (½ cup) pecan nuts, toasted
- 80ml Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- toasted pita breads, to serve
For the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.
Heat a griddle pan and grill the chicory on both sides until slightly wilted.
Place the chicory on 2 plates and top with the nuts, Gorgonzola and spring onion. Pour over the dressing and serve with the toasted pita.