Grilled oysters with chorizo butter
- 100g butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 180g chorizo, finely chopped
- 12 fresh oysters, cleaned and on half a shell
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges, to serve
Preheat the grill. Melt half the butter in a small frying pan over medium heat,
add the onion and fry until softened, 3 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for a
further 3 minutes. Add the chorizo and cook until crisp.
2. Loosen each oyster from the base of its shell using a knife. Place a teaspoon
of chorizo mixture on top to cover the oyster and add a small lump of the
3. Place the oysters on a baking tray and cook under the grill until browned, 3 –
5 minutes. Serve with the lemon wedges.