Light, bright and delicious, this herb, litchi and prawn salad is the perfect way to celebrate summer. The soft, buttery prawns are perfect with juicy, sweet litchis.
Recipe by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Herb, litchi and prawn salad
- 500g prawns, deveined and cleaned
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- handful fresh basil leaves
- handful fresh mint leaves
- handful fresh dill
- handful baby salad leaves
- 250g litchis, peeled and pitted
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil + extra, to fry
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 5ml (1 tsp) paprika
- zest of 1 lemon
For the marinade, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Add the prawns to the marinade and refrigerate to marinate, 15 minutes.
Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the prawns until cooked and golden in colour, 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan, drizzle with the lemon juice and season to taste.
Arrange the basil, mint, dill, salad leaves, litchis and prawns on a platter. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing.