Roast vegetable and chorizo paella
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive/avocado oil
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and cubed
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 4 baby marrows, sliced
- 2 x 10cm pieces chorizo sausage, sliced
- 10ml (2 tsp) smoked Spanish paprika
- 400g (2 cups) rice
- 250ml (1 cup) white wine
- 375ml (3 cups) chicken
- or vegetable stock
- handful Rosa tomatoes, quartered
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh oregano, chopped
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion until just soft. Add the red pepper, aubergine, baby marrows, chorizo and paprika and fry for 5 minutes. Add the rice and wine, stir well and allow the moisture to absorb before adding the stock and tomatoes.
Transfer the pan contents to a baking dish, cover with foil and bake until the rice is cooked and fluffy, about 30 minutes.
Toss through the herbs and serve. This works well with lemony roast chicken and a fresh green salad.