Herby poached salmon with greens and steamed basmati
- 750ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 5cm fresh ginger, sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black
- pepper, to taste
- 4 x salmon fillet portions
- steamed basmati rice, to serve
- fresh rocket, to serve
- sliced red chilli, to serve
- thick Greek yoghurt, to serve
- fresh lime cheeks, to serve
Place the stock, chilli, lime juice and zest, ginger and seasoning in a large non-stick frying pan or saucepan.
Bring to a boil, then reduce to a gentle simmer and place the salmon fillets in the poaching liquid. Cook for 5 minutes, remove the salmon with a slotted spoon and place on serving plates. The salmon should still be pink in the centre.
Serve with steamed basmati rice, plenty of rocket and fresh chilli, a dollop of Greek yoghurt and lime cheeks.
To drink: A medium-wooded chardonnay pairs well with the fattiness of the salmon.