These honey and mustard sticky beef sausages are delicious! In this recipe, we even show you how to make your own flavoured honey!
Honey and mustard sticky beef sausages
- 1 green, red and yellow pepper
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 stalks fresh rosemary
- 2 x 410g tins butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 500g beef or pork sausages
- 60ml (¼ cup) rosemary-infused honey (see ‘Flavoured honey’ recipe below)
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 30ml (2 tbsp) wholegrain mustard
- Maldon Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- grilled flatbreads, to serve
- fresh lime, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
Place the peppers on a baking tray and roast in the oven until soft and charred, 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool and remove seeds. Slice into chunks and set aside.
Place the oil, garlic, chilli (if using), chopped and whole rosemary, butter beans, sausages, honey, lime zest and juice and mustard on a large baking tray.
Season well and roast in a preheated 180°C oven until sticky, about 25 minutes.
Serve the sticky sausage tray bake with charred peppers, flatbreads and fresh lime.
How to make your own flavoured honey
So incredibly easy to prepare and they look fab stacked on a kitchen counter. Make a few bottles of flavoured honey to keep the kitchen pantry well stocked and to give away as edible gifts
Makes 1 bottle
Difficulty level: Easy
Duration: 10 mins
500g (1 bottle) badger-friendly honey
OR peel of 1 lemon
OR 4 – 5 slices fresh ginger
OR 3 – 4 red chillies, split
OR 5 stalks fresh rosemary
OR 6 stalks fresh thyme
- This is so easy: simply decant the honey into a sterilised glass jar, choose one herb or spice of your choice from the suggestions listed above and add it to the honey.
- Seal the bottle with a tight-fitting lid and store for 2 weeks before using to allow the flavours to infuse.