These quick and easy Korean BBQ chicken wraps filled with coriander rice and cucumber ribbons is the perfect back-to-work lunch for al desko dining.
Korean BBQ chicken wraps filled with coriander rice and cucumber ribbons
- 125ml (½ cup) soya sauce
- 5ml (1 tsp) sesame seed oil
- 5cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 15ml (1 tbsp) gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 15ml (1 tbsp) rice vinegar
- vegetable oil, to fry
- 600g deboned chicken thighs,
- sliced into thin strips
- 30ml (2 tbsp) orange marmalade
- juice of 1 lime
- 200g cooked long-grain rice
- 6 wraps, lightly grilled
- large handful fresh coriander
- 1 small cucumber, shaved into ribbons
Place the soya sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, gochujang, honey and vinegar in a shallow dish and whisk until well combined. Add the chicken strips and refrigerate to marinate, at least 30 minutes but preferably overnight.
Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the chicken strips until cooked through, 10 – 12 minutes. Add the leftover marinade, together with the marmalade and lime juice, and allow to simmer until reduced slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
In the same pan, stir-fry the rice, 1 minute, before adding a little of the reduced sauce from the chicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
To assemble, spoon a little of the stir-fried rice across the centre of a grilled wrap and top with some chicken, fresh coriander and cucumber ribbons before rolling up and serving. Use a skewer to keep the wrap together, if needed.