Don’t be fooled into thinking that this elegant dish will take hours. Lamb cutlets with lentil and potato mash is quick, easy and absolutely delicious.
Lamb cutlets with lentil and potato mash
- 4 potatoes, peeled
- 45ml (3 tbsp) milk, warmed
- 45ml (3 tbsp) fresh cream, warmed
- 10ml (2 tsp) butter
- 1 large egg
- 200g tinned lentils, drained
- 12 lamb cutlets, trimmed of excess fat
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to serve
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 30ml (2 tbsp) lemon zest
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh oregano, chopped
Boil the potatoes until cooked and drain.
Mash the potatoes in a pot until smooth. Add the milk, cream, butter and egg and cook on low heat, stirring well to combine, for a few minutes. Stir through the lentils and keep warm.
Place the cutlets on a work surface and season well. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the zest and oregano for a few seconds, stirring constantly. Add the cutlets and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
Serve the cutlets hot with the lentil mash.