Great for picnics, and leftovers make great lunch-box fillers.
Lemongrass pork, mizuna and glass noodle salad
- 2 lemongrass stalks, thinly sliced, white bits only
- 30ml rice wine
- 5ml sesame oil
- 1 chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic gloves, chopped
- 10ml fresh ginger, chopped
- 30ml soy sauce
- 2 thick pork chops, bone and fat removed
- juice of 3 limes
- zest of 1 lime
- 30ml peanut oil
- 2ml sesame oil
- 15ml honey
- 100g mizuna, washed and dried
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g baby corn, chopped
- 40g fresh coriander, chopped
- 50g mint, chopped
- 300g thin rice noodles, cooked
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Mix together the ingredients for the marinade and cover the pork chops. Marinate for about 1 hour. Preheat the oven to maximum setting.
Place the pork chops on a baking tray and roast until cooked through and golden. Rest for a few minutes before slicing into thin strips.
Mix together the dressing ingredients.
Toss the salad ingredients with the sliced meat. Pour over the dressing and mix well. Serve at room temperature.