RECIPE AND STYLING BY DASHANIA MURUGAS
PHOTOGRAPH BY ROELENE PRINSLOO
Maple rum bliss balls
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 125ml (½ cup) maple syrup
- 3 tbsp spiced rum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60g dark cocoa powder + extra, to coat
- 110g millet
- 100g dried figs, chopped
- 40g (¼ cup) toasted sesame seeds, to coat
- 35g (¼ cup) crushed pistachios, to coat
In a large mixing bowl, combine the digestive biscuits, maple syrup, spiced rum, vanilla extract, dark cocoa, millet and dried figs. Mix well.
Roll the mixture into golf ball-sized spheres. Roll ⅓ of the balls in the toasted sesame seeds, ⅓ in the crushed pistachios and ⅓ in the cocoa powder.
Serve as a dessert with sorbet or as a treat after lunch or dinner.