Marinated red onion, granadilla and Parmesan salad
- MARINATED RED ONIONS
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 45ml (3 tbsp) brown sugar
- pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g Tenderstem broccoli
- 100g fine green beans
- 50g mange tout
- 100g gooseberries
- 80g rocket pulp of 3 ripe granadillas, to serve
- Parmesan shavings, to serve
Place the sliced onion in a medium mixing bowl and combine with the remaining marinade ingredients. Refrigerate to marinate, 30 minutes.
In a heavy-based saucepan, bring 1L salted water to a boil. Blanch the broccoli, green beans and mange tout. Strain and immediately immerse in iced water to refresh.
On a platter, arrange the marinated onion, broccoli, green beans, mange tout, gooseberries and rocket. Drizzle with the granadilla pulp and top with Parmesan shavings to serve.