- 15ml (1 tbsp) oil, for frying
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 800g whole clams, cleaned
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Thai chilli paste with soy bean oil
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground bean paste
- 125ml (½ cup) water
- 45ml (3 tbsp) light soy sauce
- 60ml (¼ cup) oyster sauce
- 15ml (1 tbsp) white sugar
- handful fresh basil leaves
Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic and stir for a few seconds, then add the chilli, clams,chilli paste, bean paste and water. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Once it boils, cover the wok with a lid, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute.
Open the lid and add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and basil. Stir-fry until boiling and fragrant. Serve hot.