TO DRINK: Newton Johnson Pinot Noir 2007, which will heighten the earthy flavour of the mushrooms.
Mushrooms stuffed with parsley, garlic and pine nuts
- 8 large black mushrooms, cleaned
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 60ml (¼ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 50g pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- 150ml olive oil
- 50g feta, crumbled
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Toss the mushrooms with the seasoning in a mixing bowl and place the mushrooms on a baking tray.
Combine the breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, zest and juice and half the pine nuts. Mix well and spoon evenly into the mushrooms.
Drizzle with the olive oil and bake until the mushrooms are cooked, for about 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with the feta and remaining pine nuts and serve.