Peach’s silky smooth, sappy sister with a youthful glow is making her way into our festive spreads this summer – this is one of our favourite nectarine salads.
Recipe and styling by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Photograph by Dylan Swart
Nectarine, prosciutto and mozzarella salad
- 3 celery sticks, shaved into long strips using a vegetable peeler
- 3 nectarines, wedged and stones removed + extra, to serve
- 2 x 70g prosciutto, torn
- 250g fresh mozzarella balls, some whole, others torn
- 30g basil leaves
- 80g rocket leaves
- 50g dried cranberries
- 250g strawberries, some halved, others wedged and the rest sliced
- olive oil, to drizzle
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
To achieve the curly celery effect, soak the celery in a large bowl with ice cubes and water (making sure the water completely covers the celery), about 15 minutes.
Remove from water and gently pat dry with paper towel. Toss all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and season to taste. Transfer the salad to a platter or individual plates and serve.