Olive tapenade with baked cheese
- 1 cup (140g) Kalamata olives, pitted
- 15ml (1 tbsp) capers
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2ml (¼ tsp) dried chilli flakes
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh basil leaves
- 125ml (½ cup) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 1 x 240g round goat's cheese, halved
- crusty bread, toasted, to serve
Place the olives, capers, anchovies, 1 garlic clove, chilli, basil, parsley and 30ml (2 tbsp) of the oil in a food processor and process until a smooth paste forms. Set aside.
Preheat the oven grill to hot.
Crush the remaining garlic clove and mix with the remaining oil. Place the cheese halves on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and drizzle with the garlic oil.
Grill the cheese until the top is golden, about 2 – 3 minutes.
Serve with the olive tapenade and crusty bread.