Great when served as an informal starter or lunch
Pear, Parma ham and goat’s cheese stacks with a cranberry glaze
- 250ml (1 cup) cranberry juice
- 15ml (1 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) dried cranberries
- 2 pears, thinly sliced with a mandoline
- 80g goat’s cheese
- 6 – 8 pieces of Parma ham
- a handful of rocket leaves
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 pitas, toasted and quartered, to serve
Bring the cranberry juice, vinegar, sugar and cranberries to the boil in a small saucepan. Allow the mixture to gently bubble away until reduced by almost half, about 10 – 15 minutes. It should resemble the consistency of a classic balsamic vinegar reduction.
Loosely stack a few pieces of pear, goat’s cheese and Parma ham onto each plate. Scatter over some rocket leaves and add a drizzle of the cranberry glaze and some ground black pepper.
Serve with the toasted pita wedges.