Pecan and orange snowballs
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g (2/3 cup) icing sugar, sifted, plus extra for dusting
- 110g (1 cup) pecan nuts, finely chopped
- 5ml (1 tsp) orange rind, finely grated
- 375g (2½ cups) plain flour, sifted
Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
Place the butter and the sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy, about 10 – 15 minutes.
Add the pecans, orange rind and flour and beat until just combined.
Roll 2 teaspoons of the mixture at a time into balls, place on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper and flatten slightly.
Bake until lightly golden, about 12 – 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then dust well with icing sugar.