Recipe by Mimi Jardim
Peri-peri prawns in beer sauce
- 1kg queen prawns, cleaned, deveined and in their shells
- 10ml (2 tsp) salt
- 5ml (1 tsp) black pepper
- 10ml (2 tsp) lemon rind, grated
- 25ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- bird’s eye chillies, to taste
- 15g butter
- 250ml (1 cup) beer
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- lemon slices, to serve
Season the prawns with the salt, pepper and lemon rind.
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or wok and add the garlic, bay leaf and chillies. Add the prawns, butter and beer, cover and cook, 10 – 15 minutes. Remove from heat, sprinkle with the coriander and serve with lemon slices.