Cheers to long summer days and balmy summer nights!
Recipe, styling and photography by Dianne Bibby
Pink summer sangria
- 125ml (½ cup) brandy
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 orange, thinly sliced and halved
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced and halved
- 3 tbsp orange liqueur
- 1 x 750ml bottle rosé wine
- 2 white-flesh nectarines, cut into slim wedges (find at woolworths.co.za)
- 1 apple, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 250ml (1 cup) sparkling mineral water
- ice cubes, to serve
Combine the brandy and brown sugar in a medium saucepan placed over medium heat, stirring continuously until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
Place the orange and lemon pieces in a large pitcher. Add the lukewarm brandy mixture, orange liqueur and rosé. Stir until well combined, then refrigerate to chill, about 2 hours.
Add the white-flesh nectarines, apple slices, fresh raspberries and sparkling mineral water. Stir gently until mixed well.
To serve, fill 6 tumblers/wine glasses with ice cubes then top up each glass with the sangria mix. Cheers!