This makes a great side dish.
Potato and artichoke mould
- 80ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 onions, chopped
- 8 tinned artichoke hearts, sliced
- 30ml fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 50ml butter
- 100ml flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1kg potatoes, boiled in their skins and peeled
- 200g breadcrumbs
- 100g bacon, coarsely chopped
- 100ml white wine
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Heat 30ml of the olive oil and sauté the garlic and half of the onions with the artichokes until cooked and crispy.
Add the thyme, seasoning, 20ml of the butter and 50ml of the parsley, cover the lid and remove from the heat.
Mash the potatoes with a fork until chunky.
Melt the remaining butter, pour into a ring mould and line the mould with breadcrumbs.
Mix the potatoes and artichoke mixture together and spoon into the mould. Bake for 20 minutes, then unmould.
Fry the remaining onions in the remaining olive oil and add the bacon. Fry until crispy and add the wine and the remaining parsley. Top the mould with the bacon mixture and serve with the veal escalopes.