Prawn and corn fritters
- 250ml (1 cup) small prawns, heads
- and tails removed
- 360g (3 cups) cake flour
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 250ml (1 cup) bean sprouts
- 2 leeks, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- 125ml (½ cup) corn kernels
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- oil, for deep-frying
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the oil. Mix thoroughly until well combined. If the mixture is too thick to stir, add a little water. It should be the right consistency to drop spoonfuls into a pan of hot oil for frying.
Heat the oil in a pan and drop in spoonfuls of the mixture, flattening them slightly with a fork to form fritters. Deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
Serve hot with sauce of your choice.