Prawn, melon and peanut salad is the perfect mix of sweet and crunchy. This colourful dish can be a perfect side or appetiser, especially for a holiday lunch! Be sure to share with people who bring some flavour to your life.
Prawn, melon and peanut salad
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2cm ginger, finely grated
- 500g prawns, shells removed and deveined
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ melon, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 60ml (¼ cup) unsalted peanuts, toasted
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- a handful of fresh coriander, to serve
- 45ml (3 tbsp) sweet chilli sauce
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 10ml (2 tsp) chopped coriander
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine olive oil, garlic, chilli, ginger and prawns in a big bowl and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
Heat a frying pan over high heat. Remove prawns from the marinade and season. Fry prawns until pink and cooked, tossing occasionally, about 5 – 10 minutes.
For the dressing, combine the sweet chilli sauce, olive oil and coriander, season and set aside.
Place the melon ribbons and prawns on a serving plate. Sprinkle the peanuts over and garnish with lime wedges and coriander. Drizzle over a little dressing and serve with extra dressing on the side.