Recipe by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Prawn, red chilli and mango salsa tacos with coriander yoghurt
- 1 quantity basic corn tortilla dough (click here for recipe)
- 350g prawns, cleaned and shelled
- 30g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) dried chilli flakes
- handful fresh coriander, finely chopped + extra, to serve
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 1 mango, skin and pip removed and chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 60ml (¼ cup) piquanté peppers, chopped
- 150g plain yoghurt, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C. To make the tacos, roll the dough out to about 0,5cm thickness. Use a 10cm cookie cutter to cut out 4 – 6 rounds. Scrunch and roll foil into a 10cm-long and 6cm-thick sausage. Fold the rolled corn tortilla dough round over the foil. Repeat with the remaining rounds and bake in the oven until crisp and golden, 15 minutes.
For the filling, fry the prawns in the butter in a pan over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 10 – 15 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger and chilli flakes and cook, 1 minute. Add the coriander and remove from heat.
In a bowl, mix together the remaining filling ingredients.
Fill the warm corn tacos with the prawns and salsa and serve with a side of the yoghurt mixed with chopped coriander.