- 400g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 250ml (1 cup) fresh cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 5ml (1 tsp) nutmeg, freshly grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200g pancetta, sliced into thin strips
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 bunch (150g) vine tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Roll out the pastry to fit a 25cm tart tin and blind bake in the tin, 15 minutes.
Whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, egg yolks and nutmeg, about 3 minutes. Strain the mixture, season and pour into the prepared tart case. Bake in the oven, 15 minutes.
Remove the quiche from the oven, top with the pancetta and bake further until set, about 15 minutes.
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the tomatoes, thyme and garlic, and fry, about 5 minutes.
Serve the quiche topped with the tomatoes.