Red onions contain quercetin, which fights infections, and allicin, which helps boost cardiovascular health.
Red onion and ricotta tart
- 250g fresh ricotta
- 125ml (½ cup) Parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 x 400g packet puff pastry
- 4 red onions, thinly sliced
- 30ml (2 tbsp) butter, melted
- handful fresh thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place the ricotta, Parmesan and eggs in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth and well combined.
Roll out the pastry and cut into 4 squares. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Spread the cheese mixture over the pastry, leaving a 2cm border. Top with the onions, brush with the butter, sprinkle with the thyme and season.
Bake until the onions are cooked and the pastry is puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.