Refreshing fruit granitas
- LITCHI, MINT AND LIME GRANITA
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 160g (¾ cup) castor sugar
- 1 x 565g tin litchis in syrup, drained
- a large handful of fresh mint, leaves
- picked and coarsely chopped
- zest and juice of 2 lime
Place a 20cm x 30cm metal baking tray in the freezer to chill.
Heat the water and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and set aside until cooled completely, about 1 hour.
Place the sugar mixture, litchis, mint, lime zest and juice in a blender and process until smooth. Strain the mixture, pour into the prepared pan and freeze overnight until solid. Scrape with a fork to serve.