This delicious risotto only takes 30 minutes to make!
Recipe and styling by Nomvuselelo Mncube
Photograph by Dylan Swart
Risotto with green peas and sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 450g arborio rice
- 1,5L (6 cups) chicken stock
- 100g Parmesan/Grana Padano, finely grated + extra, to sprinkle
- 240g sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
In a saucepan placed over medium heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 – 5 minutes. Put in the rice and cook, stirring, 1 – 2 minutes. Add the stock, 1 cup at a time, putting in more once absorbed, and cook, stirring, until the rice is al dente, about 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir through the Parmesan/ Grana Padano, sun-dried tomatoes and peas. Top with the extra grated cheese before serving.