Roast pumpkin, broccoli,tofu and sesame salad
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sunflower oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) white wine vinegar
- 5ml (1 tsp) honey
- 10ml (2 tsp) black sesame seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- 300g pumpkin, diced
- sesame oil, for brushing
- 200g tender-stem broccoli, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 small box solid white tofu, drained and chopped into chunks
- 20ml (4 tsp) sesame seeds
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Mix all the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
Brush the pumpkin with a little sesame oil and roast until soft and golden, about 20 minutes.
Blanch the broccoli in a pot of boiling salted water until bright green and just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Toss the cooked pumpkin lightly with the broccoli, tofu and dressing. Divide between serving bowls, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Nikki and Vicki run the dynamic catering company Fresh as well as Bella restaurant in Sandton. Call 011-883-6665.