Don’t worry, it still counts as a healthy side. Roasted pumpkin with salted caramel is just a way of making your veggies a little more delicious. Pair this sweet side dish with a beefy and hearty main for a satisfying dinner.
Roasted pumpkin with salted caramel
- 500g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive or avocado oil
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) ground coriander
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black
- pepper, to taste
- 60ml (¼ cup) dark brown sugar
- 125ml (½ cup) water
- 5ml (1 tsp) Maldon Sea Salt
- microgreens, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the pumpkin in a roasting dish and drizzle with oil.
Add the coriander, cumin and seasoning. Mix well and roast until golden, 20 – 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
For the caramel, place the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat and slowly bring to a boil. Cook until a caramel forms, 3 – 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the Maldon Sea Salt before drizzling over the roasted pumpkin. Serve with microgreens.