Cheers to the holidays!
Recipe, styling and photograph by Hein van Tonder
- 4 Rooibos teabags
- 3 star anise
- 1L boiling water
- 50g white sugar
- 750ml (3 cups) dry rosé
- sparkling wine, chilled
- 150ml orange juice, chilled
- 100ml apple juice, chilled
- 2 red apples, cored and sliced
- 1 orange, cut into rounds
- 1 lemon, cut into rounds
- ice cubes, to serve
- fresh raspberries, to garnish (optional)
- mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
Place the teabags and star anise in the boiling water and steep for 30 minutes.
Discard the teabags and transfer the mixture to a large jug. Refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
Serve the sangria in tumblers filled with ice. Garnish each drink with the fresh raspberries and mint leaves, if desired.