Salmon with a cranberry and thyme crust
- 800g side of salmon, skin on
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 45g (¾ cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- 30g (¼ cup) dried cranberries, chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) green onion, finely chopped
- 40g butter, melted
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh thyme, chopped
- 10ml (2 tsp) lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Oil a baking tray.
Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Place skin-side down on the baking tray.
Combine the breadcrumbs, cranberries, onion, 30g of the melted butter, thyme and lemon zest in a medium bowl, and blend well. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture onto the salmon and press to adhere. Drizzle with the remaining melted butter. Bake until the topping is golden and salmon is just opaque in the centre, about 20 minutes.