Sangria is a delicious mixed drink for those who prefer their alcohol with a touch of sweetness. A Spanish classic.
- 750ml (3 cups) full-bodied red Spanish wine
- 30ml (2 tbsp) orange juice
- 30ml (2 tbsp) orange liqueur
- 20ml (4 tsp) sugar
- orange and lemon slices
- 250ml (1 cup) grapes, halved
- 250ml (1 cup) sparkling water
- ice, for serving
Combine all the ingredients, except the water and ice, in a large jug. Cover and place in the fridge for several hours before serving. Add the sparkling water and ice just before serving.
Cook's tip: Use Spanish wine for an authentic taste (find it at leading wine stores nationwide), otherwise any full-bodied red wine will do.