Savoury cracked black pepper and Parmesan scones
- quantity of scone mixture, omitting the sugar
- 125ml (½ cup) Parmesan, grated
- 5ml (1 tsp) freshly ground black
- pepper + extra for sprinkling
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) cayenne pepper
- milk, for brushing
- 150g butter, softened
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 15ml (1 tbsp) whole-grain mustard
Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a baking tray.
Add the Parmesan and peppers to the dry ingredients of your favourite scone recipe, and proceed as per recipe.
Cut out the scones, place on the baking tray and brush with milk. Sprinkle with extra black pepper.
Bake until golden brown, about 20 – 30 minutes.
For the mustard butter, cream all the ingredients together until smooth.
Serve the savoury scones with the mustard butter.