Schezuan pork in gem lettuce cups
- 30ml (2 tbsp) ground-nut oil
- 300g pork fillet, cubed to the size of a peanut
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp) fish sauce
- 90ml light soy sauce
- 15ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, chopped, green and white sections
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves, plus extra for serving
- gem lettuce, to serve
Heat the oil in a large wok or saucepan and add the pork and garlic. Fry until cooked through, about 5 – 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium.
Add the chilli, sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir for a minute or two until the mixture thickens.
Remove from the heat and add the spring onions and coriander.
Open up the gem lettuce, removing the leaves carefully. Place the leaves on a serving plate and spoon the mixture into each leaf. Serve decorated with the extra coriander leaves.