Seafood coconut curry
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 10cm fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 15ml (1 tbsp) curry powder
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 5ml (1 tsp) coriander seeds
- 4 star anise
- 4 crayfish tails
- 16 queen prawns, cleaned and shelled
- 20 black mussels
- 2 x 420g tins coconut milk
- 200g Rosa tomatoes, halved
- juice and zest of 4 limes
- 4 lime leaves
- handful raw peanuts
- fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the garlic, ginger and onion until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the curry and spices and continue to fry for 2 minutes to infuse the flavours.
Add the crayfish to the pot, stir gently and cook with the lid on for another 2 minutes.
Add the prawns, mussels, coconut milk, tomatoes, lime juice, zest and lime leaves and simmer for 10 minutes. Discard any unopened mussels.
Stir in the peanuts, garnish with the coriander and serve with rice or pap.
To drink: Rijks Fascination 200845ml (3 tbsp) vegetable oil.