Seasonal summer goat’s cheese salad with cashew-nut brittle
- 160g castor sugar
- 160g unsalted cashew nuts
- 45ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup
- 100ml mixed tropical fruit juice
- small handful fresh thyme leaves
- 10ml (2 tsp) lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ripe fresh apricots, cut in half
- 50ml honey
- 500g fresh strawberries, some halved and others kept whole
- 200g goat’s cheese coated in vegetable ash, sliced (available at select delis and cheese shops)
- 1 medium fresh pineapple, cut into wedges and chargrilled
- 4 fresh granadillas, cut in half
- small handful pea shoots/ microherbs
- 170g baby spinach
For the brittle, melt the sugar in a pot over medium-high heat until caramel in colour and it reaches 170°C on a sugar thermometer. Carefully stir in the nuts, quickly pour over a silicone mat or lined baking tray and set aside to cool. Once set, break into shards.
For the dressing, blend together all of the ingredients until well combined.
For the salad, coat the apricots with the honey. Place all of the salad ingredients on a platter or individual plates, drizzle with the dressing and top with shards of cashew-nut brittle.