TO DRINK: The clean and bold character of vodka will bring the complex flavours together – go for Van Gogh Original
- 125ml green pesto
- 15ml thyme leaves
- 5ml dried red chilli
- a pinch of sumac, optional
- 400g Danish feta, cubed
- 150g mixed baby salad leaves
- 150g rocket
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 15 anchovies, optional
- 250ml kalamata olives, pitted
- 50g watercress
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine the pesto, thyme, chilli and sumac, and gently toss the feta in it. Leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
Arrange the mixed salad leaves and rocket on a platter, reserving a few rocket leaves. Arrange the feta on top, taking care not to completely flatten the leaves.
Scatter the fennel, onion, anchovies and olives over the feta cubes. Top with the watercress and remaining rocket, season and serve.
Sumac can be found at Middle Eastern food stores.